Name of Contest:
Expo Screenplay Contest
6404 Hollywood Blvd, Ste 415, Los Angeles, CA 90028
Purpose of Contest:
To give writers a chance to make a living at screenwriting and put them in the room with the people who can make it happen.
Number of years this contest has been running:
June 30/July 31/August 24
$50-$65 (early to late deadlines)
Kinds of scripts accepted (i.e. Teleplays, features, MOWs):
Features, Teleplays, Shorts
Cannot have made money on your entry.
Description of Prizes:
- $20,000 cash
- Media campaign: campaign includes a Creative Screenwriting Magazine article, a press release to help promote your win to industry professionals and media outlets, email blast to the Creative Screenwriting promotional list ($4,000 estimated promotional value).
- Direct Industry Exposure : Winning script sent to over 300 agents, managers, and development executives who have requested it. $3,000 in estimated marketing and promotional value.
- Direct Industry Exposure At Expo Pitchfest : The 2010 winners and runners-up will be announced and awards bestowed on the first evening of the Screenwriting Expo. Then, the winners can then pitch their scripts to production companies, agents, and managers at the Golden Pitch Fest. For purposes of offering a dollar value, we'll state --this is a $3,000 worth of targeted publicity value to the Grand Prize winner.
- Travel Expenses To 2010 Expo : Coach advance-purchase air fare (maximum $300) and up to three nights' single room at an Expo participating hotel to attend The 2010 Screenwriting Expo. (No substitutions. For example, winner would not be paid cash in lieu of these travel expenses, nor reimbursed for the cost of a stay at a hotel other than Expo hotel, nor allowed to substitute a future year. Prize void if not used in 2010.) Value: up to $753.
- Expo Gold Pass : 2010 Screenwriting Expo Gold Pass (or reimbursement--$300 value; no substitutions).
- Five 2010 Golden Pitch Festival tickets or refunds if already purchased. $100 value; no substitutions).
- Screenwriting School In A Box : A full set of all 60 Creative Screenwriting DVDs ($718 value).
- Subscription : Free one-year subscription to Creative Screenwriting Magazine ($30 value).
Readers and Judges:
Former or current studio readers
Several winners have had stories optioned, gained representation or been hired for writing assignments.
Please take a moment to describe why you feel your contest is best able to help writers break into the industry.
Besides the large grand prize, the Expo contest features a huge media campaign built around the winners. We also put you in the room with A-list companies to pitch your idea RIGHT AFTER YOU WIN. Plus, like our AAA Contest, the placing scripts are sent to over 300 agencies, production companies, and management companies - unprecedented access!