In partnership with Endless Media, LLC, the MPAC Hollywood Bureau is proud to announce the 2022 Screenwriting Lab for Television. As part of this virtual lab, six selected screenwriters with at least one TV writing credit will work with experienced producers to develop a ready-to-be-packaged pilot script and series bible.
The selected screenwriters will have the opportunity to workshop their scripts to producers who are actively looking for projects to potentially add to their slate.
If you’re interested in applying for this screenwriting lab, submit your application by March 21, 2022 at 11:59 pm PT.
Terms and Qualifications:
- Screenwriter identifies as Muslim;
- Writer has at least one writing credit for television;
- Applicants must be United States citizens;
- Scripts for consideration are half-hour comedies or one-hour dramas;
- Applicants may submit one project only.
Submit the following items:
- One-page overview of the series, including logline and a brief concept synopsis;
- Pilot Script;
- Half-hour comedies should be no more than 30 pages. One-hour drama should be no more than 60 pages.
- Brief biography.
The selected screenwriters will receive notes and guided feedback that will take their expertise to the next level.
We’re excited to launch this screenwriting lab for TV and thrilled to provide opportunities for seasoned writers who are interested in evolving their creative work.
We will notify selected screenwriters in Spring 2022. The screenwriting lab will be held in May 2022. The exact date(s) is to be determined.